Sunday, July 25, 2010

Reflection 10

REFLECTION # 10 - WHAT I HAVE LEARNED IN THIS CLASS

Every year I face several challenges in college. The assignments are quite diverse and I have to seek different ways in order to accomplish my “missions.” This year was not different.
I was not used to working in computer, especially using it to make research and create programs to explain some assignments and fulfill the class requirements.
New things showed up and I had to learn them to improve my work quality, i.e., I had to create a blog where I put aside my information related to the class. Another thing that was new and worked out was the LIVETEXT.
Every week I had reflection-assignment papers, where I had to analyze some topics given by the teacher, making sure that they didn’t have any plagiarism, and to do this, I had to submit them into TURNITIN.COM, a web site that was used in order to check for plagiarism. It’s interesting for many students are refrained to make things on an “illegal” way.
In spite of being so hard, for I had too much things to do every week, I had learned many things especially in terms of technology, for I was always required to use the computer and make several research, that have contributed to open my mind and to improve my knowledge, furthermore, by doing my reflection papers, I learned to think, to work on a constructivist way, which promotes more interaction between students, teachers and the topics discussed in class.
Another thing that was new for me, was the power point presentation. I was required to create power point presentations to explain in class a result of the fulfillment of the class requirements. Very interesting, very useful. But the “boom” of my experience in this class, was the digital story I had to tell. Amazing! I use this method to show the importance of the technology in schools and in life in general. Besides this method makes it easy, I was surprised at myself, for the special effects and the music behind the images, gave the work a “touch of class,” making the work good and brilliant on the way of learning.
Yes, my experience in this class was full of good things, and I hope I can put them in practice in my future as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment